To set up a an additional hourly rate for an employee:
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click an employee's name.
- On the employee's overview page, look for the Pay section and click Edit.
- Under the How much do you pay ...? section select the "Add hourly rate" link.
- Select the dropdown (should say "Hourly 2") then select "Edit Hourly rates"
- Change the name of the rate from "Hourly 2"
- Select the "Save" button
- Input the hourly amount of the additional rate
- Click OK.
Next time you create a paycheck for the employee, the additional hourly rate type appears. Simply enter the additional hourly rate hours for the pay period and our payroll service includes these hours at the additional rate when calculating the paycheck.