Use e-Services for Business to register for your employer payroll tax account number. It’s fast, easy, and secure, and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Create a username and password.
- Go to e-Services for Business.
- Select the “Enroll” box.
- Enter the required information and select “Continue.”
- Select the verification link in the email sent to you by the EDD to complete the enrollment process.
Important: If you do not verify your email address within 24 hours, you will need to restart the enrollment process.
- Log in to e-Services for Business.
- Select “New Customer”.
- Select “Register for Employer Payroll Tax Account Number.”
- Complete the online registration application.
- Select “Submit.”
This process will create an employer payroll tax account number.
Employer Payroll Tax Account Number
Once you have registered your business with the EDD, you will be issued an eight-digit employer payroll tax account number (example: 000-0000-0), also known as a State Employer Identification Number, SEIN, or state ID number.
When you receive this number, please forward it to us and we will use it to set-up electronic filing and deposits with CA.