After you set up a deduction or contribution for one employee, you can assign it to other employees.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click the employee's name.
- In the Deductions & Contributions section, click Edit.
- In the Deductions for Benefits section, click the Add a Deduction link.
- Click the Deduction drop-down arrow and then select an existing deduction or select New Deduction. If you don't see the Deduction drop-down arrow, go to the next step.
- Select Retirement Plans for the category and then select the type.
- Enter a description or the name of the provider.
- For the Amount per period, select % of Gross Pay or $ Amount, then enter the percent or dollar amount of the deduction or contribution (if you need to, you can change the amount on the paycheck when you create it).
(Optional) If you're setting up a deduction for an after-tax Roth plan, enter an Annual maximum for this employee.
For qualified retirement plans (such as 401(k) or 403(b), including catch-up amounts), we automatically enter the maximum annual amount set by federal regulations.
- Click Save.