Want to set up employee deductions for a Health Savings Account (HSA) instead? Go here.
- Go to the Employees tab
- Click the employee's name.
- In the Deductions & Contributions section, click Edit.
- In the Deductions for Benefits section, click the Add a Deduction link.
- Click the Deduction drop-down arrow and then select an existing deduction or select New Deduction. If you don't see the Deduction drop-down arrow, go to the next step.
- Select Health Insurance for the category and then select the type (Medical, Vision, or Dental).
- Select the taxability status (Taxable or Pre-tax).
Select the taxability that applies to this insurance plan, as defined in your plan documents. If you don't have your plan documents, contact your plan administrator.
- Enter the provider name.
- For the Amount per period, select % of Gross Pay or $ Amount, then enter the percent or dollar amount of the deduction or contribution (if you need to, you can change the amount on the paycheck when you create it).
- Click Save.
After you set up a deduction or contribution for one employee, you can assign it to other employees.