When an employee is terminated or leaves your company for any reason:
Pay the employee without waiting until the next pay period.
You probably need to pay the employee without waiting until the next pay period:
- Check the employee's accrued and unused vacation hours so you can include that pay in their final check:
- Go to the Employees tab
- Click the employee's name.
- Click Edit for Vacation & Sick Pay.
- Click the Payday tab.
- Select the appropriate pay schedule corresponding to the employee that has left or has been terminated (if available).
- Click the Check Details icon to pay only the employee who is leaving.
- In the check memo, input "FINAL CHECK"
- For salaried employees, input hours worked from the beginning of the pay cycle to the date the employee left or was terminated, the system will prorate the employee's payment.
- For hourly employees, input hours worked from the beginning of the pay cycle to the date the employee left or was terminated.
- Enter today's date for the pay date to show that pay ends today.
- Select the "Create" button and continue with payroll approval as you normally would.
- Terminate the employee in the payroll system.