Why are there too few shown for an employee?
There are two situations that can cause this.
- Is it the beginning of the calendar year and you haven't created any paychecks?
Vacation and sick pay are calculated only when you create paychecks. So the hours available may appear inaccurate at the beginning of each year before you create any paychecks. This is true even if you defined the policy so that vacation pay is earned all at once at the beginning of the year. Create the first paycheck and the accrual will be accurate.
- Is it the middle of the calendar year and you've just set up a vacation or sick pay policy where the hours are accrued at the beginning of a year?
Those hours won't be accrued until next January 1.
To enter the employee's current balance of hours:
- Go to the Employees Tab.
- Click the employee's name.
- In the Vacation & Sick Pay section, click Edit.
- Enter the Current Balance.