What's double overtime?
Double overtime (or double overtime) is two times an employee's highest, regular pay rate. Employees must be paid double overtime for:
- any hour worked beyond a 12-hour workday
- all of the hours worked if more than 8 hours on the seventh consecutive day of work in a workweek
What about overtime?
To set up a double-overtime pay type for an employee:
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click an employee's name.
- On the employee's overview page, look for the Pay section and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the What additional ways do you pay? section and click to select the Double Overtime Pay checkbox.
- Click OK.
Next time you create a paycheck for the employee, the Double Overtime Pay item appears. Simply enter the total double overtime hours for the pay period and our payroll service calculates the correct double overtime rate.