You have a couple of options when paying employee bonuses:
- Pay the bonus separately from your regular payroll runs
- Include the bonus on a regular paycheck
To pay a bonus on a regular paycheck:
- Make sure that you've set up a bonus pay type for the employees and that bonus pay types are set to appear on the Create Paychecks page. Tell me how
- Go to the Payday tab
- If you have multiple pay schedules, select the pay schedule.
- Make sure that Regular Checks is selected and then click Go.
- Select the checkbox next to all of the employees you want to include in this payroll.
- Enter the bonus amount in the Bonus field.
- Click Create Paychecks.
- Review the paycheck and then click Approve.
- Print paychecks or pay stubs.