You can delete a deduction or contribution from your company if you haven't used it yet on any paychecks. Once you've used a deduction or contribution, we need to keep it for your reports and tax filings.
Deleting a deduction or contribution from your company
- Go to Setup > Deductions.
- In the Deductions/Contributions section, click Edit next to the deduction or contribution you want to delete.
- On the Edit Description page, click Delete. If you've already used the deduction or contribution on an employee's paycheck, the Delete button doesn't appear.
If you no longer want to use a deduction or company contribution that you can't delete, consider instead changing the description to something that will remind you that it's obsolete.
Stopping a deduction or contribution for a specific employee
Follow these steps to stop deducting from or contributing to a specific employee's paychecks.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click the employee's name.
- Click the delete icon next to the deduction or company contribution you want to stop for this employee.
- Click OK.