Follow these steps to set up a deduction or contribution that you plan to use only once in an employee's paycheck.
- Go to the Employee's Tab
- Click the employee's name.
- In the Deductions & Contributions section, click Edit.
- Click the Add a Deduction or Add a Company Contribution link.
- Click the Deduction or Contribution drop-down arrow and then select New Deduction. If you don't see the Deduction or Contribution drop-down arrow, go to the next step.
- Select the category and type that most closely match the one-time deduction or contribution.
- Enter the description or the name of the provider.
- Enter an amount of 0.
- Click Save.