What are "other earnings"?
Other earnings are taxable payments to an employee that are separate from regular wages, such as retroactive pay increases and severance pay. The amounts are included in the wage base and used to calculate percentage-driven deductions such as 401(k).
To set up Other Earnings for your employees:
In "Employer On The Go":
- Hover over "Payroll"
- Select "Enter Payroll"
- Select "SetUp" button
- Select the "Earning Code" you wish to add
- Select "Save"
In "Manage Payroll":
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click an employee's name.
- On the employee's overview page, look for the Pay section and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the What additional ways do you pay? section and click to select the Other Earnings checkbox.
- Optional: Enter a default amount to be paid each paycheck. You can always change the amount when you create the paycheck.
- Click OK.
Next time you create a paycheck for the employee, the Other Earnings pay type appears. Simply enter or verify the other earnings amount for the pay period and our payroll service calculates and includes it on the employee's paycheck.