We provide a packet of setup forms you can give employees to help you gather information.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Near the bottom of the page, click Print a blank packet of setup forms to give your employees.
- Right-click in the Gathering Employee Information window and choose Print (or for Mac, press Command-P).
- Ask the employee to fill out the forms and return them to you.
You'll use the information from the forms when you add your employee to our payroll service.
What other information do you need for an employee?
Here's other information you'll want to have for your employee:
- Hourly wage, salary, commission, overtime pay, and so on. See Pay types: Set up, add, or change the types of pay for my company.
- Schedule for paying employees, such as weekly, every two weeks, and so on. See Pay schedule: Definition.
- Deductions and contributions for insurance benefits you offer, such as health or dental insurance, and retirement benefits, such as 401(k). See Deductions and contributions: Setting up an employee deduction for health insurance.
- Any other deductions you need to withhold, such as child support or life insurance.
- Paid time off, vacation, and sick time policies. See Set up vacation or sick time policies for the company
- Direct deposit information (if the employee wants it). See Direct deposit: Employee authorization form.