To change your employee to direct deposit, first you need to get the employee's authorization and gather the employee's bank information. Then, you'll enter the information you gathered to set up the employee for direct deposit.
Print an Authorization for Direct Deposit form for each employee to sign (for your records)
Go to Taxes & Forms > Employee and Contractor Setup.
Click Bank Verification under Authorization for Direct Deposit.
- Click View, and then print a copy of the form for each employee.
Ask each employee to fill out, sign, and date the form. Have each employee attach a voided check to the form so you can get the necessary bank account information.
If an employee wants to deposit their pay into two separate bank accounts, ask them to attach a voided check for each account.
Don't send this form to us — it's for your records only. Keep the signed authorization form with each employee's record.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- On the Employees and Contractors Overview page, click the pay method next to the employee.
- On the employee's Bank Information page, choose how the employee wants to receive their pay.
- Enter the routing and account numbers from the employee's voided check or checks, then click OK.
- On the Verify employee's Bank Information page, click Edit to make any corrections.
- Click Agree to let us know you've received your employee's authorization to deposit their paychecks to the account shown.