After connecting your Quickbooks Online (QBO) integration through Gusto and completing your account mappings, you are ready to sync over your payroll information.
The integration will sync over an expense in the form of a journal entry. The journal entry will include your expense items, the amount of cash that will be pulled by Gusto (broken out by cash withdrawal or check, if applicable), and any outstanding liabilities. The journal entry is two sided, meaning it contains both debits and credits, and it will automatically reconcile with any cash transactions that post to your bank account.
Sync your payrolls
- Navigate to the Reports tab.
- Click on the payroll you would like to sync.
- Click Sync at the top of the payroll detail page.
- Note: If you have autosync enabled the data will automatically push over when you process payroll.
- Under Transactions select Banking.
- Locate the Gusto cash withdrawals (i.e. GUSTO ACH XXXXXX).
- In the Category or Match column the transaction will automatically match with our journal entry.
- Select Match on the right side and your reconciliation is complete.