If you paid a contractor outside of Ludt Payroll, add this payment to your account. We want to make sure all contractor payments are recorded when we generate their 1099 forms at year end.
- Go to the Payday Tab
- On the Create Paychecks page, select Contractors from the "Select Pay Schedule" box Contractors tab.
- Click the pay date and select the actual date you paid your contractor.
- Select the check box for the contractor you wish to pay.
- Input the amount paid in the Payment box
- If the contractor is on direct deposit and the pay date is more than two weeks before today, you will receive the following notification: The paycheck for ... is dated more than two weeks before today, so it will NOT be paid by direct deposit ... as you already paid this contractor, this is what you want so click the Approve Paychecks button and go to step 8.
- If the contractor is on direct deposit and the pay date is less than two weeks before today, you will receive the following notification: If you approve the paycheck ... it will be paid by direct deposit, but the employee won't receive it until ... after the pay date. If you prefer not to use direct deposit for this particular paycheck, click Edit and set Direct Deposit to No. Unfortunately, this method does NOT work with contractor payments (though it does with employees) if you need to input a contractor payment and it had been less than two weeks, you can contact us at email@example.com or, wait until two weeks has passed and enter the payment.
- Record the check number used on the Enter Check Number page.
- Print paychecks or pay stubs.